Friday, May 3, 2013

2 Months

It has been so much fun to be able to see more and more of Peyton’s personality come out this month. For the most part she is a very content baby and really doesn’t cry very much unless she needs/wants something. She loves new things/people and she will just sit and watch and study whatever it is. I think she is going to be a little social butterfly because she loves when we go places and new people come and talk to her. I’ve kind of given up on a schedule with her because she sleeps so well at night. I let her let me know when she’s sleepy/hungry and for the most part let her sleep as long as she would like. She is getting a little bit better about sleeping on her own and in her own space. I have to make sure she is really asleep before I try to lay her down otherwise she will wake up. She will sleep for 4-6 hours at night and I feel totally refreshed after that many consecutive hours of sleep. The only difficult thing is when she wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse she will not go straight back to sleep so we could be up for a few hours. I try to make this time as positive as possible so when were up I make it my priority to pray for her and her alone.

We’ve started to get some smiles out of her which brings my heart so much joy. It is such a good feeling to be able to interact with her and get a positive reaction back. It makes me look forward to when she starts laughing too. We have been traveling A LOT since she was born and I’m so lucky she likes to be in the car. We made a trip to Mayfield, KY to visit Jordan’s grandparents and it was fun to be able to get to introduce everyone to Peyton. We also made another trip back to Lexington for a few weeks while Jordan was traveling again. Easter was spent in Huntsville so we could get back into a routine and spend some time as a family. We were able to go to church and spent time with our Mt. Zion family and then had lunch with the lovely Karen who works with Jordan. I was reflecting about our time in Huntsville and what a different life we have now since last Easter. We have been blessed enough to have a wonderful daughter in our life now and a truly fantastic church family. I'm looking forward to what changes we experience between now and next Easter.

 It has finally started to warm up enough to be able to go outside a little bit. I was getting a little stir crazy being inside all of the time. Peyton seems to enjoy the outdoors and the dogs like it when we come to visit them on their turf. We’ve taken a few walks but my recovery (or lack thereof) doesn’t allow us to go for long or far. I’m still having a difficult time lifting things and using my abdominal muscles for anything. At my 6 week follow up appointment my doctor said everything was healing nicely and I should expect my full recovery to take 9 - 12 months ... wowzers.

I’m about a month late posting this and I’m hoping I remember all of the details from this specific month and don’t mix up anything that occurred during month 3.

Strolling Outside

This ridiculous looking flower has been such a life saver while traveling because it holds her head up when she falls asleep ... best $8 we've spent.

Precious Smile

Dad of the year taking Peyton and Sofie on a walk.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment