Friday, February 1, 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel

At my 40 week appointment today we found out that I have FINALLY made some progress! I am one centimeter dilated and 70% effaced. Although this isn’t much I was encouraged to know that my body has started doing what it needs to in order to get my sweet Peyton here. We were really hoping that she would come today so she could share a birthday with her dad, although it’s not totally out of the question it’s not looking very likely. My doctor wanted to talk about our plan if I do not go into labor by Monday which is when I will be 41 weeks along. We decided to go ahead and schedule an induction starting Tuesday night with some meds to ripen my cervix and then start Pitocin Wednesday morning. I am certainly less than thrilled with this option and would much rather go into labor on my own. My doctor said he’s 90% sure I will go into labor before my induction but honestly I’m not really confident in his ability to predict this.

Despite the fact that I’m not super stoked about an induction I am over the moon thrilled to finally meet this little human I’ve been working hard on growing. Jordan has lovingly been referring to me as a selfish hoarder because I won’t share his daughter with him. Needless to say he is very ready to meet his little girl as well. I want to brag on Jordan a bit, not because it’s his birthday but because he has been truly awesome during this pregnancy. He has taken such good care of me and Peyton during this time and has been very patient and understanding with my sometimes less than stellar mood. He is the rock and leader of this family and thrives in this role! I seriously cannot wait to see him as a dad because I know he will truly be wonderful. Peyton is one lucky little girl, we both are!

 Prayers for a safe delivery and healthy baby would be much appreciated! As always we will keep everyone posted if anything should happen before Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment