Saturday, August 4, 2012

1st Trimester Comes to a Close!



Overall my pregnancy has been wonderful! I have had very minimal nausea and have never gotten sick. The only uncomfortable symptom I have experienced is heartburn which only started at around week 14. Thus far I have lost a total of 7 pounds, however, my pants do not reflect this weight loss. I have a few pairs of maternity pants that I wear every now and then but I feel that they make me look bigger than I actually am. I can still wear my regular pants with a belly band. I think if people didn’t know that I was pregnant they would just think I was a little pudgy around the belly (well pudgier than normal). 

I have definitely been much more emotional than usual. Anyone that knows me knows I’m not a crier … that was until I got pregnant. Also, pregnancy brain is a very real symptom. In a single hour I had a terrible pregnancy brain moment and was bawling. I was talking on the phone and pumping gas when I realized that I came very very close to putting diesel in my car … that’s a big no-no. Then when I was leaving this person tried to run me off the road at which time I of course yelled and hollered and then promptly began hysterically crying.

The last time I was at the doctor I asked him if it was his practice to do the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. He said yes they do the anatomy scan at 20 weeks but if we want to find out the gender he would not mind at all to do an ultrasound at my next appointment to see if the gender can be identified.  So fingers crossed we’ll find out if Peyton is a girl or a boy on August 17th.

We have been very busy around the Satterwhite household lately! When we moved to Alabama we happened to pick a house that is smack dab in tornado alley. Every tornado that comes through Huntsville inevitably comes very close to our house. We signed a one year lease which ends a few weeks before my due date. We definitely want to move before Peyton arrives but knew that it would be very difficult with timing to move in December or January. Jordan asked our landlord if there was any way to get out of our lease early and they were very generous and said that if we can find a tenant they would let us out of our lease. So we found a house that is out of the path of tornados and have been showing our house to try to get in rented out. Our target move date is Sept 1st at which time I will be 18 weeks pregnant which is much better than 36-38 weeks along. We’re still not really comfortable buying a house here especially since we still have our house in Kentucky.

So sorry, this blog was full of all kinds of random information. I guess it’s a reflection of how my brain is working these days! 

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy brain is very real! Glad you've had smooth sailing this far! You are a lucky lady! I can't wait to hear niece or nephew pink or blue! So excited for you guys! And if you need help moving Justin and I would love to drop the kids off in Nashville and come help ;) take care!

    ReplyDelete