Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Spreading The Good News -- Part 1.


Well the time had finally come when I was able to Jordan our joyous news! Turns out he had a very rough and long day at work and the only thing he was concerned about when he got home was getting some food in his belly. I had already decided how I was going to tell him but I needed it to be the right time. So we ate dinner while the entire time I had to keep quite which was no easy feat. Jordan knew I was acting kind of weird but he thought that I was going to try to convince him to go home that weekend. I had originally told him that we would find out if the Clomid worked on Friday but I took the test one day early, so he was not expecting any kinda baby news on this day, which was Thursday. After we had dinner I took the dogs back into our room. I had made them handkerchiefs to wrap around their neck which said, “I’m gonna be a big sister!”. So after I finally got these on the dogs I let them loose into the kitchen which is where Jordan was. At first he didn’t notice so I told him that the girls had something they wanted to tell him.

He finally looked at Sofie first and looked very confused, then he looked at Lola. After about 60 seconds he finally figured it out and the look on his face was priceless. I so wish I could have taken a video of this whole scene, I will remember it forever. After many hugs and kisses later he promptly informed me that I had tricked him because he wasn’t thinking about anything baby related until Friday. For the rest of the evening we talked about what kind of parents we hoped to be, what gender the baby would be, how the dogs would react to a baby and so on. I think the only decisive decision we came up with was a name! Boy or girl baby Satterwhites’ name will be Peyton.

For the next week we tried to come up with ways to tell our families. We decided we would tell my mom, dad and sister the following week because we were going to be on vacation in Hilton Head with them and there was no way I could keep a secret for any longer than I already had. So Shapell and Steven ended up coming down on Friday afternoon so they could ride to Hilton Head with us. So we ended up telling them on Friday night and told my mom and dad on Saturday when we first got to the beach house. See the pictures below on how we ended up telling them! 

 This is the pictures I put into the picture frame with the names Peyton would call them! 
 I think this face says it all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment