Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thanksgiving came early!

I have found over the last many weeks that having a thankful heart makes me very happy and content with life. I don't think I have ever been so thankful in my life for the small victories I am now able to accomplish that I was previously unable to. I recall that shortly after my first infusion I was starting to feel better. I was no longer as weak as I previously was and the strength had pretty much completely returned to my left side. Jordan and Peyton were out for a walk so I was taking advantage of my kid free time. I had sprayed down all of Peyton's diapers and put them in the washing machine, cleaned the kitchen and then vacuumed. As I was vacuuming I was reflecting on all that I had accomplished that night. I was brought to tears of thankfulness that I was back to being able provide for my family the way I had previously been able to. Jordan had to start taking on some of my tasks and I absolutely hated that. After all I'm a stay at home mom so taking care of chores on the home front is my job. Jordan had to start taking on more tasks at home on top of working full time and that was hard for me to stomach. I have continued to get better and better and am so incredibly thankful for my health. At 26 I'm sure most people my age don't think about having major health issues and how thankful we should all be for a healthy, fit and functioning body. Throughout the last several months the Lord has blessed me! I can't think of another event that would have allowed me to have such perspective and to be so thankful for the "small" things in life. Not only that but Jordan and I have done a major overhaul on our diet and we have both lost 11 pounds. There would absolutely be no other event that would have convinced us to change our diets so drastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment