Sunday, November 4, 2012

28 Weeks


The third trimester has started! On one hand I can’t believe we are already this far along and on the other, I’m like OMG another 3 months! I am very thankful that the home stretch of this pregnancy will be filled with many visits back home and lots of holiday fun. I’m hoping that those things will make Peyton’s due date arrive quickly.  We had a wonderful visit back home a few weeks ago. Sally threw an awesome shower for us and we got some much needed items. We are so grateful for everyone that came to celebrate with us and their extreme generosity. We received some really cute girly stuff which is super fun! I’ll post some pictures at the bottom.  Jordan put together the jogging stroller that we got from his parents. He said that doing this made having a baby a little bit more real for him and he felt very much like a dad! I told him by the time Peyton gets here he should really be feeling like a dad because there will be lots more “assembly required” baby gadgets.

I have a routine doctor’s appointment this week and then we start having appointments every two weeks. Having appointments every two weeks also makes me feel like her due date is very close.  I did my blood glucose test on Friday, so hopefully I’ll get those results at my appointment or sooner and they will be negative.  My belly keeps growing and growing and my wardrobe options continue to shrink and shrink. This has caused me to venture over to Jordan’s side of the closet and wear a lot of his t-shirts when I’m around the house. He was folding laundry yesterday (yes I know he’s awesome) and made the comment that he wasn't quite sure whose closet to put some of the clothes away in. I seriously cannot imagine how large I am going to be in another twelve weeks, it’s really quite difficult to fathom.

This week we picked out a newborn photographer who we love! She doesn’t have her own studio so she comes to your house and sets up there.  I personally love this! Now I don’t have to worry about being prepared to leave the house with a newborn and have everyone ready and looking good for pictures. She’s a retired labor and delivery nurse so she’s very familiar with infant care. She takes care of everything while she is here and even changes diapers. She has been thinking about getting into birth photography and asked if we would be interested in letting her photograph Peyton’s birth for free. This certainly wasn't an offer we jumped right on but after thinking about it we decided to be wild and crazy and be her guinea pigs. I don’t think this decision will be regretted, some of those moments are priceless. I LOVE pictures of mom and dad’s meeting their sweet babies for the first time. I usually always end up crying looking at these pictures, nothing new there really. Not to mention Jordan did not want to be responsible for taking any pictures, mainly because he’s terrible at remembering to do so. 

I think the dogs have finally figured something is up. Both of them sniff my belly often and use their nose to poke at it. This is a picture of me laying on my side in bed and Sofie using the baby bump as her pillow. 


 Super Cute girly onsies! 


This super cute dog and ornament is from Aunt Shapell. The dog you can put in the microwave and it heats up and can keep baby warm. It is also filled with lavender and chamomile and all kinds of other awesome herbs that are supposed to help calm baby and help with colic. We may be very thankful for this in the future if we have a fussy baby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment